- This event has passed.
Get Started Medical Pitch Competition
November 5, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Watch 7 companies pitch their healthcare innovations in this shark tank-style event to compete for up to $40,000 in cash prizes. We invite you to join us for an interactive forum & pitch competition that will bring together some of the best and brightest minds from around the country. The 4th annual Get Started Medical pitch will feature the country’s hottest business ideas in the medical industry, and you can be a part of the excitement!
Register for Get Started Medical here: https://live.remo.co/e/get-started-medical-pitch-compet
- Monte Danos, Field Marketing Director, Cox Business Southeast Region
2021 Judges Panel
Mike Dozier, Chief Information Officer, Ochsner Lafayette General
Charles Edwards, CEO/ Advance Telehealth Consulting Solutions L.L.C. and One Telemed, LLC
Bruce D. Greenstein, EVP, Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer, LHC Group
Christy Lenahan, NP Coordinator & Associate Professor, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Josh Sommer, Vice President of New Growth, Cox Communications
Meet Our Finalists
- Crosscope (Mountain View, CA) is a medical artificial intelligence (AI) software company building flexible digital pathology workflows and AI-based clinical decision support tools for automating histopathology analysis for more accurate and efficient cancer diagnosis
- General Genomics (Midland, TX) is a bioinformatics company harnessing the power of AI and machine learning (ML) to build a platform (Curo46) using algorithms on genetic markers, healthy history, and medical information to determine an individual’s health risks, appropriate preventative measures, customized treatment programs and more.
- Kinnos’ (Brooklyn, NY) colorizing platform, Highlight®, colors bleach, and bleach wipes a vivid blue to let us see our disinfection, instantly improving users’ ability to correctly cover the entire surface being disinfected.
- NEVAP (San Jose, CA) makes breathing tubes that remove pathogens during mechanical ventilation, reducing time on mechanical ventilation, the cost of treatment, and mortality in critically ill patients.
- Prep Tech (Lafayette, LA) is a Louisiana-based medical device company with two product lines — ULTRAPREP streamlines/reduces OR time and ISOCUBE protects healthcare professionals and hospital visitors from COVID contamination.
- Protean BioDiagnostics (Orlando, FL) is an innovative precision medicine diagnostic company with a focus on accelerating access to precision cancer treatments through its Oncology MAPS™ system.
- SafeBVM (Chesterfield, MO) minimizes unsafe manual ventilation with resuscitation bags and its subsequent complications with near-ventilator precision, making emergency ventilation patient-centric.
Thank you to our partners for making the 4th annual Get Started Medical Pitch Competition possible!